NELI: the programme and its national scale up
Webinar | Thursday 27 May and Tuesday 15 June 2021, 12:00 – 13:00 BST
The Nuffield Early Language Intervention (NELI) is being offered to state-funded schools with Reception pupils, through funding by the Department for Education, to support with education recovery.
We invited colleagues who support with school improvement or children’s language and communication across a local area (e.g. Local authority early years or school improvement leads, speech and language teams working with schools) to join us to hear more about the programme and its national roll out.
The online webinars covered:
- The rational and development of the programme and the evidence of the positive impact NELI can have on pupil’s language development
- Detail on the structure of the programme and what good implementation looks like
- Detail on the support that’s provided in terms of the online training programme and assessment tool (LanguageScreen)
- The delivery plans for this academic year
- The funded NELI programme offer for next academic year and how schools can register
- Question and Answer session
Speakers included representatives from Nuffield Foundation, Oxford University, Education Endowment Foundation and Oxford University Press.
We are using Zoom for these webinars.
By registering for our webinars you share your data with the Nuffield Foundation and the Nuffield Foundation Education Limited. We may use this information to contact you about other similar events and materials that may be of interest. ‘If you do not want to be contacted about future events, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.